Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Remember what happened at Mission Beach?

So wednesday dawned bright and early, thankfully earlier then the children who slept in just a little. :)

Now just a reminder it's been 3 weeks since we left home on our westward journey, but in 'blogtown' we are only up to day 7, and do you remember what happened to us on day 1? you can refresh your memory here if you want.

Soas i was saying, Wednesday dawned, with only one thing on MY mind, ridding my truck of the horribly, wet musty smell, and give it a good clean out!

I believe tuesday night we saw (heard) a pretty good rainfall. and I opened the truck to discover some nice surprises. It seems my patch job in townsville wasn't quite thorough enough as i only did the front half.

I'll stop waffling and just show you shall I



Now to just explain a little further, sitting on top of this stretcher bed, was a foam mattress which when i pulled it out, weighed at least 3kg more then when i put it in there : / and then you can see the mat underneath? well that's 100% wool, and it was 100%  WET! and urrghh! the smell was stomach turning  blearghh!!

Karen now has some woolen mulch for her vegie gardens, as after 3.5 days in the sun being flipped regularly it was still very damp even if it was just in one corner :P

remeber how i said i could find the silver lining in all our grey clouds?? well that very spot where we now had swimming pools, was the very spot where we keep all our clothe bags and linen while we drive, so if  we hadn't taken them inside we would have needed to stay with Karen an extra week just to get the washing all dry!

I'll have to leave it there now as I'm feeling carsick again, and i'd rather not have to ask jamie to pull over so i can throw up behind a bush :P

OXOXoxoxoxoxox
BJslkcs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, if it 'tickled your fancy or 'gets your goat', let me know. Makes me feel special :)