Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Friday at the science centre

LOTS of photos today (i hope)

Hope your printer ink is full Granny ;D

Kaytie was fascinated with Karen's Glow Poi's - Are you taking notes Santa??

I forgot to mention we also FINALLY, met Miss Amelia, and her yummy mummy Mary-Clare. I do apologize if we passed our germs to your baby girl!?!  :O We did NOT however, take any photos, well, Ben took one of Karen 'buried' under my children with Amelia in the background?? it's on Facebook, so if you really want i can find it??
Samuel trying out what it "feels" like to be Claire's
age/size again.


Friday came and saw us on the train into Brisbane, and Ben took the truck to work to give it a service, and some tender loving care (I hope?? ;P)
We visited the Science Centre and got a stark reminder as to one of the reasons the children are homeschooled! No not all soft and fuzzy spontaneous natural learning moments (though I hope they HAD some?) No, it was school excursion day at the science centre - OH MY WORD!!! pardon, what was that you said, I couldn't hear you over the noise still ringing in my ears!! To say it was 'organised chaos' may still be an understatement!! Though  my children are not completely innocent and impeccable with their manners, I would certainly hope they would be a little bit more courteous to others and their turn taking might be a little more fair, then what we witnessed that day?? A little bit at least !?!  **all  my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for good luck!** 

Anyway, we did eventually get our turns and here are some of our photos :D


Can you squint closely and
 see the meter readings??






























"Seeing" radio frequencies through vibrations

How could we walk past one of these!?!
Good fun. - yes Kaytie IS kissing it  :s
 Then we headed upstairs after lunch to the FREE museum,

 
Samuel is missing because he was in the bathroom, apparently throwing up his lunch again :(







Samuel making an appearance, instead of his lunch :s
aww c'mon did i have too?? - YEAH sorry :P
He's feeling what it would take for his body too be able to fly.







there was plenty more that we saw and did, but I am trying to catch up an get up to date, so just the highlights :)

 Then back on the train to meet Ben with my truck. awwww I love my truck :D

i've just spent the last 20 mins trying to upload photos from the train trip back, but my computer is being difficult :(

 It's late again, so i'm going to bed now
OX(OX)oxoxoxoxox
B(J)slkcs










1 comment:

Tracey said...

Hey, that's my Science Centre!

And I SOOOOO know what you mean about the social skills of school kids on excursions. If you go AFTER lunch they've all been taken back to their institutions and it's blissful. Hehehehe. School kids...blah!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, if it 'tickled your fancy or 'gets your goat', let me know. Makes me feel special :)