Friday, September 2, 2011

Well I've been in denial haven't I...

I'll admit now, though it took for me to read it on a friends facebook status for me to believe it...
we've all had the flu...

The children and I  have spent the last week huddled in blankets or sprawled lifeless over the couch or floor, we've lived on barely made peanut butter sandwiches and biscuits.

Sunday night after the Medieval festival, we came home and Lily went down first, Monday morning Samuel and Kaytie were down for the count too.Wednesday It was 6 for 6! WOW I have never in my memory felt so awful....EVER!! to be honest i think i can honestly say until this week i've never had the flu if this is what it's like!!  Tuesday afternoon I reluctantly dragged the children to the corner shop where they sat listlessly in the car while i raced around getting the essentials. it's a good thing i did it then as i could barely move come Wednesday!

Needless to say we have not done a second of schoolwork, we've watched hours of mind numbing TV - did you know ABC 2/3/4 runs ALL day! you could plonk your toddler in front of the box and they can watch endless shows from around 6am until 7:00pm!! crazy!! and there is a huge mess all over the house.

You know i would have much more preferred for me to get sick first, so i would have the energy to tidy up properly before Jamie comes home on Monday.  That's right you read properly. Jamie has been told to cut this shift short, because they don't want him doing long shifts, so he wasn't going to be home for my birthday after all. But he decided to take holidays so he will be home for 18 days instead :)

And since he is going to be home for an extended period, we have decided that now is the best time to sort out my wisdom teeth.... so don't expect any photos of me from my birthday as my appointment is the 13th....
Jamie's the superstitious one not me.....right?

I'm going to head back to my little cave under my blanket on the couch as my panadol is starting to wear off again and it's all getting a little foggy ;)

OX(OX)oxoxoxoxox
B(J)slkcs

2 comments:

Jen's Busy Days said...

13th is a good day for anything, well, especially my birthday! lol

Good luck with your teeth. I have had such a horrible time with mine. My 2 wisdom teeth weren't so bad, it is all the root canals. Who knew flossing was more important than brushing?

Hope you recover from the flu quickly.

Best wishes
Jen in NSW

5+2=1 said...

Thanks Jen. we recovered well. and am recovering fairly well from my teeth. thanks for the follow, it makes it easy to duck over to your blog for a peek :) Happy belated birthday for the 13th :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, if it 'tickled your fancy or 'gets your goat', let me know. Makes me feel special :)