Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's been...swell

So as most everyone knows, i had my wisdom teeth out Monday just gone.

Was a minor horror story.
I chose to have them out via a local anaesthetic only, because, 1) the head dentist was unavailable for up to 2 weeks and we'd have to book hospitals etc and 2) i didn't want to fork out $1000 odd dollars for an anaesthetist to come to the surgery.

So we had the appt, and turns out i have a low/high tolerance for the anaesthetic because they needed gallons of it for me to go numb and it also wore off rather quick and needed a few top ups through out the procedure.

Then... she could only get 3 of my teeth out! we had to go back in 3 hrs later for the head dentist- who wasn't supposed to be available?- to yank out the last one. it was mighty stuck! at one point i was convinced my nostrils would come out also!!! The head dentist - Alex - did nothing for the fear factor caused by his profession! he was quite stroppy - he got cranky at the dental assistant because she changed her gloves, because she didn't want to put blood on my face, and even had a go at me, because i was making noises because i could feel stuff!! sheesh!

but out it came (though i think he chipped some enamel? :/) and along with some of my jawbone i have them as 'trophies' hmmmm i wonder what the tooth fairy will give me??

I'm going to throw in a warning here for you....i AM going to put in a photo of my toofy pegs so you can choose not to look if you like.  I will post it as the last one even though it makes sense to put it here :D


I am also - must still be affected my the pain medication! - going to show how swollen i got - it actually got a little worse the next day, but has gone done considerably now :) I go back on Tuesday to have the stitches removed. And i sooooo cannot WAIT!!! they are driving me batty!! they are on the side of my gums, so i can feel them ALL.THE.TIME!!! ugh!

We have been house hunting again, as we want to move from this house, we have found a few and have been looking far and wide. We just looked at one today, and it was the very 1st time i've regretted the truck being so big. this is the first house we have looked at and actually applied for. We are hoping the owner will be open to our proposal... cross your fingers for us :D

Possibly the link for it might work?  our new home in Yanchep??
I have been driving everyone mad i think posting all my favourites on facebook :)

Ok are you ready.....

Me first......



at the moment it looks like i've not cleaned my face properly
 after a messy meal as bruising has come up all
 yellowed around my mouth  :/


Ok eyes shut for the squeamish!!  .....







see the 5th smaller piece??  that's part of my jawbone! a part that they saved at least,
they pulled out a fair few chunks i think!! 



Ok you can open your eyes now!!
Jamie is still home, he goes back to work next friday, We are postponing my birthday lunch until his next R&R, but even that may get post poned again because i'd much rather we were movng instead!! :)
So happy 30th birthday to me for tomorrow. Say. Maybe Jamie will buy me that iPad afterall my suffering and sacrificing..... ;P lol  I will have to come back later and add in the photo of the flowers he bought me!! 30 Gerberas - he may have started something now,as he got me 29 gerberas for last year's birthday :)

Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts.
Till next time
OXOXoxoxoxoxox
BJslkcs

3 comments:

Jen's Busy Days said...

I have been known to scream in the dentist's chair so I know your pain. Quite frankly I would rather give birth to another child before I have any teeth pulled again under a local.

In total sympathy my best wishes, and happy birthday,
Jen in NSW

5+2=1 said...

i second that! childbirth over extractions any day! at least there is something rewarding at the end of childbirth!!! ;)

Tracey said...

Hi Bernadette,

I've awarded you for the Stylish Blog award if you'd like to play along.
http://homeschoolblogger.com/littlemen/2011/10/stylish-blogger-award/

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, if it 'tickled your fancy or 'gets your goat', let me know. Makes me feel special :)