Thursday, November 4, 2010

We were up to Brisbane i think?

So Rocky to Brisbane which by the way, was day 5. so we left Rocky after our "run in" with the bulls, and headed off to Bundaberg, we passed through Miriam Vale and as we drove past Samuel shouted "BIG CRAB!" ''huh??'' says mum ''oh yeah big crab!'', but we were sandwiched in between about 4 trucks and probably wasn't a good idea to suddenly try and stop, so here's a photo 'I prepared earlier'



So onto Bundy to get a photo of the big rum bottle for Jamie, we arrived and drove around aimlessly - well that's not true, we HAD an aim, ummm, we drove around with no real idea, looking for this big bottle, the whole time 'Selena' our somewhat stiff and proper GPS guide was, I'm POSITIVE, getting irritated with us for giving her more 'work' all the time, having to re-calculate. I think in the end she got us back and sent us the long way back to the highway. I dunno - it certainly felt that way anyway! (because i've done that trip ohh so many times before too ;P )  In hind sight I probably should have asked her where the brewery was, but the thought (or something resembling it) just didn't seem to make sense. besides with 'Selena' being so posh and stuck-up, I always hesitate to ask her where these "big" things are.
I think she would have an' offline' moment if i asked her to tell us where something so tacky and kitchy was :D So anyway I found one online, and judging by the quality, I'm a bit annoyed I didn't persist and put up with any of 'Selena's' 'outbursts'.   Sorry Handsome Hubby, maybe next time??

don't ask me who the bloke is,
he came with the photo??

Next stop along our journey was Maryborough, where we got a great shot of the 'big' Ned Kelly..... unfortunately, it's at the moment, stuck in our 'sick' laptop I'm sure i could try figure something out, but to be honest I couldn't be arsed bothered. oh Ned is in Maryborough because of 'sponsership commitments' if you are really interested you can go here


so after Maryborough, it was 'straight on through to the other side' to  end up at Lakeside - "Aunty" Karen's house [Uncle Chris and Aunty Cathy's actually (: ] where we stayed for like a week?? can't remember? 5-6 days maybe? I have to hurry up and catch up, as it's all starting to blur. Anyway on our way we ducked into the "big Pineapple", but again photos are on the other laptop, and it deserves it's full story anyway :D

Time for bed - hopefully getting to Adelaide tomorrow evening

OXO B(J)slkcs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, if it 'tickled your fancy or 'gets your goat', let me know. Makes me feel special :)